omg im laughing and it hurts
hahahahahaha wow this is amazing
There are plenty of places to find reviews; here is why I think it will be awesome before I read it.
Drew Magary’s Postmortal: A Novel
I started following Magary because he writes for Deadspin.com and his articles/columns always stood out, and then discovered through his twitter that he is featured on many more sites. I’m a little skeptical because he is generally a comedic writer and the novel is SciFi/Post-Apocalyptic, but his writing has been great for everything else I’ve read whether it was sports or not so I look forward to reading his first novel.
Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, speaking at a Sunday afternoon campaign rally in Sarasota.
Hurricane Irene has claimed the lives of at least 25 people across 8 states, including 2 in Florida, and left millions without power for days.
… LOL WUT?
A small list of words that I absolutely hate, and would be overjoyed if anyone who said them had their toes stepped on each time one came out of their mouth:
- “hella” - This word literally has no purpose. Also, the reason I will never move to Northern California. Even worse is the non curse word version that the kids in church used to use, “hecka”. Shoot me now.
- “vacay” - I think the reason I hate this so much is because it sounds like something that would come out of a Kardashian/Hilton/Lohan/Anyotherfamewhore mouth. That should be all I need.
- “edgy” - “I don’t really understand what this is but I think the teenage type people would enjoy it so here is my broad non-understanding adjective.” (Usually in reference to graphic design, film, music, etc.) See also: gritty.
- “got” - I’m actually guilty of breaking my own rule on this one, but we have no use for this word. There are plenty of others to substitute, most of the time being “have” or “has”. And I’m convinced that your IQ sounds about 30 points lower as soon as it enters into your vocabulary, think about it.
- “welp” - I honestly have no idea why this bugs me so much. I guess I just picture someone shrugging their shoulders at me and thinking “Fuck you” whenever I see it typed (because I’m not sure anyone has said this in actual conversation).