I guess you could say that I went on a bit of a ticketing binge. Here’s where I’ll be in the coming months:
Griever (Ex-Lewd Acts) - 8/1
- A couple of friends formed this band after Lewd Acts broke up and I’m stoked I finally get to see them.
Dredg and In Transmission - 8/2
- A friend is in In Transmission and I’ve never gotten to see any of his bands before since they never seem to play shows haha. Opening for Dredg is a huge bonus.
Damned Things and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - 8/14
- I’ve wanted to see The Damned Things since they formed but last time they came around I waited too long for tickets and they sold out. They partied after the show at Slide Bar; hopefully they do something similar again. For some reason I have never seen Maylene before but that will be promptly corrected.
Blindside - 9/23
- Blindside’s last album kind of blew but this new one is pretty damn good so seeing them again will be fun.
blink-182 and My Chemical Romance - 10/1
- I was actually going to skip this tour but they had a $20 fees included promo that I couldn’t pass up. Hopefully Tom’s voice will be a little more bearable than their first reunion tour. Plus, I haven’t seen My Chemical Romance since they headlined the Taste of Chaos tour years ago with The Used.
Foo Fighters - 10/13
- Foo Fighters might be my favorite live band ever. To say they can put on a show would be a huge understatement. I can’t wait to hear them play songs off of Wasting Light.
Minus the Bear - 11/3
- These guys have become one of my all-time favorite bands and this is a 10 year anniversary show where they will be playing Highly Refined Pirates in its entirety. I love album shows and this should be a memorable one.
Thrice - 11/9
- Major/Minor (the upcoming album) tour. I see Thrice every time they are in town, as every person should.
Needless to say, the next few months are going to be awesome.